As temperatures cool and the sun begins to pull us less to be outside,
the produce that results from summer’s lingering generosity should be enjoyed!
So we did, with fresh pears, chopped pistachios & grated parmigiano filling the crepes
that we then topped with blackberry compote.
A deliciously simple meal that celebrated some of my favorite flavors, together! I later pondered a light cheese sauce that would have been more decadent, but the fresh taste was quick, healthy and fun.
Note: While there are all kinds of crepe recipes out there, this was the first one we saw that looked good, so we pounced and acted without doing further research.
We also did not let the batter rest because we were very hungry at the time, which results can be seen in the irregular browning due to the bubbles…
Crepe Batter Recipe
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Milk
1/4-1/2 Cup water, depending on type of flour used
1) Whisk ingredients together (a pinch of salt may be added, if desired)
2) Refrigerate batter (recommended) and allow to rest at least 30 minutes (will last a day+ covered in fridge)
3) Heat skillet and brush with butter
4) Pour enough dough into skillet to just cover the bottom (pour excess back or you’ll have a thick one)
5) Flip to cook both sides and remove from pan – fill and serve or cool and wrap (fridge 2 days, freezer 2-3 weeks)
6) Let loose with savory or sweet yumminess as desired — fillings and toppings are expressions of your creativity and pizazz…
Buon Appetito! Or, should I say, Bon Appétit!