Pistacchio-Sage Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Rhubarb Chutney
Filetto di Maiale in crosta di Pistacchi e Salvia con Chutney al Rabarbaro, Patate Viola e Fagiolini saltati con Fiori di Rucola e Boccioli di Cavolo
What’s for dinner? For us last night, it was this beautiful combination of color and flavor elements…I happened to have a farmers market salad mix with spring greens, arugula flowers and kale buds that accompanied our green beans and we roasted some purple potatoes to add to the festive meal.
Pistacchio-Sage-Crusted Pork Tenderloin (Serves 4)
1 lb. Pork Tenderloin
1 Cup Pistacchios, shelled and finely chopped
1 Bunch fresh sage, finely chopped
1 tsp. Aged Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Season tenderloin with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, roll in pistacchios and sage and press to form crust. (This step can be done the night before — keep tenderloin refrigerated until 20 min. before cooking)
3. Heat oil in a pan and quickly sear all sides of tenderloin to add caramelization and flavor.
4. In oven-safe pan, roast tenderloin until internal temp. is between 145 degrees F.
5. Remove pork from oven and cover with perforated foil and let rest 10-15 min. to allow carry-over cooking to heat inside of pork to 150-155 degrees F, as desired.
6. Slice and enjoy with rhubarb chutney, roasted potatoes and sauteed greens or steamed green beans!
Rhubarb Chutney (1.5 Cups)
3 large stalks of rhubarb, rough chopped
2 cloves of garlic, smashed or chopped, as desired (I don’t like to eat my cloves)
1/2 Cup sparkling white wine
1/2 Cup water
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
Red pepper flakes OR chopped pickled or fresh chili pepper, as desired for a little heat
salt & pepper, to taste
*** chopped shallot or onion, optional for those who can enjoy them…
1. Place all ingredients in a sauce pot and simmer lightly until wine has evaporated and rhubarb is tender.
2. When consistency is thick and covers a spoon, remove from heat and cool to serve with pork tenderloin or grilled chicken.